Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Gluttonous Feast and a Pleasant Suprise

My (Lucy) very kind and generous grandparents took my lovely mother and I to dine on unlimited offerings of pit fire roasted meats at Fogo De Chao in downtown Denver. We all had a delightful experience. I love that place! My family happens to be very supportive, proud, and worried for our excursion. We will be safe, we will be aware, we might get wet and cold, but we will have the time of our lives. Thank you Larry and Charie! Thank you mama!

Before I left to meet for lunch, I received a message from my ex husband. He had just found an extremely sentimental artifact from my youth that I thought I had lost forever. An old "Keroppi" Sanrio Brand frog character wallet that I purchased when I was sixteen. It contained an old prison ID of my father that he had given to me when I was in the hospital recovering from a near fatal throat stabbing. Since my father had passed away, it had become EVEN more sentimental. So my ex offered to bring it down to me after I got home. What great timing, seeing as though we are leaving first thing in the morning. Mark and I had a puppy that he was "granted" custody of in the divorce. I have only seen her once in the last year and a half since Mark and I reconciled. Conflicting schedules, conflicting locations etc.....Sooooo, to top off an already great afternoon, Mark graciously brought Dumpster (the puppy, now 5 1/2 years old) over for a visit! What an awesome last day! Thank you Mark, it was also nice to chat with you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment